Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure applied for the patients whose breasts are small genetically or have become smaller due to atrophy. Implants are placed to increase breast size.
Slicone gel filled breast prostheses are used for the augmentation of breast tissue. Especially polyurethane-coated silicone gel implants are high quality silicones with the lowest probability of breast hardening and are round shaped like natural breast tissue. We use the mentioned prostheses in our hospitals. In these prostheses, even if the there is a tear in the implant's outer shell, the gel silicone does not dissolve and maintains its shape.
Who is a good candidate for Breast Augmentation Surgery?
● Breast augmentation is a plastic surgery procedure suitable for patients who have disproportionately small breasts compared to the rest of their body.
● Patients whose breast tissues have been removed with mastectomy are also suitable for the surgery.
The patient and the surgeon determine the best location for incision together. The most common incision is the inframammary approach. Unrealistic expectations, not choosing the right implant and healing problems can cause problems. Therefore, it is important that the surgeon and the patient find a middle ground about the surgical choice during the evaluation process before the surgery. If there is also sagging in the breast tissue, breast lift procedure (mastopexy) may also be applied.
The operation takes approximately 1,5-2 hours and is performed using general anesthesia. In the process of placing the implants in the breast tissue, incision location may vary depending on the demands of the patient and the surgeon and the type of the prosthesis. A 4-5 cm incision is made in order to insert the implant. The implant can be placed under breast tissue or under the chest muscle. The submuscular placement method is usually preferred because it provides a more natural appearance, even though it causes some pain in the early postoperative period,.
First Two Weeks
● It is recommended to avoid heavy lifting and not to lift the arms.
● It is recommended to take a rest for the first week, but you can return to daily life within a few days as long as you are careful enough.
● After returning to daily life, you can resume normal activities. If you feel pain you shouldn't push yourself.
● Numbness or hypersensitivity are possible conditions after the surgery.
● You shouldn't wet the operated area until the bandages removed on the 6th or 7th day.
Several Weeks After The Surgery
● Beginning from 6th week, you can do all kinds of sports activities.
● Capsular contracture may occur as a complication in 1-2% of cases. In this case, the hard capsule is removed and the same implants are placed again. Adverse events that may put the patient's health at risk are not expected.
● From the 21st day, you should start breast massages recommended by your surgeon. After three weeks, you should have a consultation with the surgeon to learn about the new type of massage.
● At the end of a month, the surgical corset can be removed after getting approval from your surgeon.